Pastiera is a Neapolitan tart filled with ricotta cheese mixed with cooked wheat and flavoured with orange blossom water. Traditionally eaten at Easter, it is now made throughout the year.
Now you can make your own pastiera with Chirico Pastiera Napoletana. The kit contains:
300g Prepared short crust pastry powder (00 flour & sugar)
220g Chirico cooked wheat
20g Candied orange
2g Cinnamon powder
2g Aroma Fior d’Arancio
Ingredients to add: 450g of ricotta
Ingredients: Soft wheat flour “00”, sugar, wheat starch, soy flour, whey powder. Stabilizer: Xanthan rubber. Leavening agents: disodium diphosphate, sodium bicarbonate. Flavourings: annatto. “Chirico” cooked wheat (wheat, water, salt, citric acid), candied orange (orange peel, glucose-glucose syrup, sucrose) cinnamon powder, orange blossom aroma, vanillin.
How to prepare the cake:
1) Mix the prepared short crust pastry powder with 1 egg yolk and 100g of butter
2) Mix the cooked wheat, the ricotta, the orange & vanilla aromas, 2 whole eggs in a container with 1 egg yolk
3) Combine the two preparations
4) Put in a previously buttered pan
5) Bake in the oven at 160°C for 60 minutes
6) Allow the cake to cool and once cooled, refrigerate for 3 hours. Sprinkle icing sugar before serving.
Serves 10 portions
Best Before Date: June 2019